Benefits for a tax-exempt MyFlexOnline account to allow for flexible spending on medical expenses can save you tax dollars each calendar year. The (HCFSA) program was instituted by the IRS to allow you quick access to your money for important medical treatments, doctors visits and prescriptions. The funds are taken directly from gross earnings through your employer, and can be beneficial for everyone in the family.
Setting up the MyFlexOnline.com account online is quick and easy, and only takes a few minutes. Please keep in mind that besides signing up through www.myflexonline.com you will also need to enroll in the program yearly to be eligible for continued benefits.
The following is a list of the pieces of information you will need when signing up.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- 5 Digit Home Zip Code
- Account Creators SSN
Here is the complete instructions for completing the 4 step process involved in activating your account.
- From the main welcome page click the ‘New User Registration‘ button on the right side of the page.
- First fill in the personal details asked of you on the following page. Then fill in the Captcha to confirm you are human.
- Now you will need to fill in company details for your employment. Verify all this information is accurate and click Next.
- Next you will need to create your personal profile for accessing MyFlexOnline account through the main page.
- The final page will confirm all your details. Once you are happy with the information you have provided, click the ‘Complete‘ button.
Now that you are signed up, it is recommended that you change your password regularly for account security. Remember to never give this login out to friends, or anyone that should not have access to it.
Primary Features of MyFlexOnline
Now that you have signed up for an account, you can verify your elections for benefits, view your account balance and increase or decrease your spending plan, as well as file a claim online or through the fax information given.
How to File A Claim at www.myflexonline.com
Login to your Flex Account, and click the ‘New Claim‘ tab which can be found under ‘My Account‘ where you will be provided with a disclaimer. Make sure you read this information in its entirety as it covers important (FSA) information.
- Now complete the fields required on the following page. The first will be a drop down allowing you to choose the plan that you have based on your personal enrollment.
- Next enter the name of the provider or the merchant where you received the services or paid for a product.
- Now enter the claimant name (You), even if the services or product was purchased for your spouse or child.
- Give a brief description of the expense and what it was for related to medical.
- Next enter the procedure code and the date of services rendered.
- Provide the total amount of the cost shown in your receipt records.
- Next scan a copy of your receipt, and use the browse button to locate it and enter it in for online records.
- Now click submit and you have completed the online claim form.
Make sure to save all documentation you have of your claims including receipts in case reference is needed in the future. If you have further questions about the program, you will want to speak to the HR department of your employer.